Murder Mystery is a comedy mystery film franchise starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. The first film was released in 2019 and the sequel, Murder Mystery 2, was released in 2023. Both films were directed by Kyle Newacheck and written by James Vanderbilt.
In Murder Mystery, Nick Spitz (Sandler) and Audrey Spitz (Aniston) are a New York cop and his wife who go on a European vacation to rekindle their marriage. However, their trip takes a turn for the worse when they become suspects in the murder of a billionaire.
Murder Mystery 2 picks up four years after the events of the first film. Nick and Audrey are now full-time detectives struggling to get their private eye agency off the ground. They are invited to celebrate the wedding of their friend the Maharaja on his private island, but their trip quickly turns into a murder mystery when the Maharaja is killed.
Both Murder Mystery and Murder Mystery 2 are available to stream on Netflix.
Here are some of the things you can expect from Murder Mystery and Murder Mystery 2:
- A star-studded cast: In addition to Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, Murder Mystery and Murder Mystery 2 also feature a star-studded cast that includes Luke Evans, Terence Stamp, Gemma Arterton, and Dany Boon.
- A fun and lighthearted mystery: Both films are light-hearted and fun mysteries that are perfect for a night in with your family or friends.
- A great cast chemistry: Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston have great chemistry together, and their performances are one of the highlights of both films.
If you're looking for a fun and lighthearted mystery to watch, then Murder Mystery and Murder Mystery 2 are definitely worth checking out.
Here are some additional details about Murder Mystery and Murder Mystery 2:
- Murder Mystery: The film was a critical and commercial success, grossing over $311 million worldwide. It was the most-watched original film on Netflix in its first week of release.
- Murder Mystery 2: The film has received mixed reviews from critics, but has been a commercial success, grossing over $200 million worldwide.